The process from getting to ‘script to screen’…
- We like to arrange a face to face briefing session with you to understand your business and needs as best as possible. This meeting usually takes less than an hour and we are happy to travel to you if that makes your life easier. Alternatively you are very welcome to Space City and can take the tour at the same time!
- We take the brief and spend a couple of weeks working up creative ideas to present back to you. We usually script and storyboard three or four creative options on varying budgets to give you a full picture of what we believe is possible.
- All our creative work is done free of charge so there’s nothing to lose by finding out how Space City might be able to help.
- Hopefully you love our ideas and decide to move in to production!
- Once an idea has been selected we move full swing in to production mode! A typical production has a schedule of eight weeks from concept sign off to going on air, but we can be flexible if time is tight.
- A director is selected based on who would be best to work on your advert – whether it’s comedy, testimonials, lifestyle or special effects we will give you the best person for the job.
- We organise a casting at our studios in Hammersmith which you will be invited to attend. We can see up to 80 actors a day for you to find the best person / people to represent your brand.
- In the meanwhile, we are busy conducting location recces to give you a selection of venues we believe are suitable for filming.
- Once all production details are in place, a face-to-face pre-production meeting (PPM) will take place. This covers cast, crew, locations, wardrobe, hair & makeup and timings for the big day. Everything is signed off in advance so you know exactly what to expect.
- We are experts in Clearcast approval, with all members of the production team being fully trained. We will never suggest a script or concept that isn’t achievable so you are in safe hands.
- Once a concept has been agreed, the Clearcast script approval process will begin. We may ask you to substantiate any claims being made in the script.
- We never film anything until full script approval has been granted, meaning there’s no worry your commercial won’t be able to go on air.
- A typical shoot would be one or two days on location or in a studio, usually within the M25. The crew arrive very early for breakfast and set-up but the client is usually invited to attend a little later just before filming begins.
- We love you to attend and take part as much as possible so everyone is happy with the final result. You will watch the monitor carefully and see how the director brings the script to life. As we encourage a collaborative approach you might have some great ideas we can incorporate on the day!
- The post-production stage usually takes around two weeks.
- After the shoot, we ingest the rushes storing them safely on our system forever more!
- We generate an initial edit called an ‘offline’ which we send over for you to review.
- Based on your feedback we have a day of offline amends before the final ‘online’ edit.
- You are invited to attend the online edit and make decisions on graphics and grading before the commercial is finalised.
- On the day of the online we invite the voice over artist in to our studio to record the final script. The track is then mixed with specially composed music before being laid in to the advert.
- The final advert is sent back to Clearcast for video approval and is then ready to go on air!
- We are happy to organise transmission of the advert to stations based on a list provided by your media buyer.
- We are unable to include this in our production budget as the cost will be dependant on how many stations you decide to play out on, but please let us know and we can provide you with a quote.
Please feel free to give us a call and discuss your commercial anytime. Visit the ‘Team’ page to see who you’ll be working with!